Welcome to a new year!
For those may not know how I am related to the PICKARD family, I am a descendant of ELON PICAKRD and Levi Justice.
Elon was born about 1800 in Georgia, not much information is available about her; but from the historic perspective I would assume she was a full-time housewife and stay-at-home mother.
Elon married Levi Justice about 1822 — in either Coosa or Dale County, Alabama.
There is some confusion about this marriage date, as their first son, Appleton was born 27 December 1819 (according to records/data found in my online research; Appleton may be a child of Levi’s from an earlier marriage).
Her second son, William Strong Justice is my direct ancestor, he was born 24 August 1824 in Bibb County, Georgia.
Elon and Levi had these children:
1) Appleton H. Justice
2) William Strong Justice
3) Levi Henderson Justice (13 Feb 1830)
4) Eliza J. Justice (abt 1832)
5) Columbus Jefferson Justice (3 jun 1835)
6) Dawson Washington Justice (17 aug 1839)
7) Mary Elizabeth Justice (1843)
8) Eliza H. Justice (1811 — may the same child as “Eliza J.”, will have to research more to be sure).
It is a quiet day, today. I think I will see if I can find out more about Elon’s ancestors, and/or her children.
— Cathy Abernathy (http://justicestore.wordpress.com)